Firm shareholder Nicholas D. Siegfried served as a program co-chair for the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law’s 2018 Fall Meeting. The event, which took place Oct. 4-5, 2018 in Montreal, Canada and was titled “It’s Lonely at the Top: Building a Successful Team with the Owner,” drew more than 450 ABA members and construction law practitioners.
Together with his fellow co-chair, Nicholas led the development and planning for the meeting’s program, which focused on the best practices for building a successful project team. It presented viewpoints from both in-house and outside counsel as well as consultants on topics including:
- Selecting the right delivery method for the project.
- Negotiating contract clauses that lead to a successful project and avoid disputes.
- Hot topics and issues with financing the project.
- Innovative insurance products that help to reduce and allocate risks.
- Strategies for addressing disputes proactively, before they mushroom into full-blown litigation.
- The evolution of P3s and what their future holds in store.
- Key ethical considerations and issues in the procurement and construction industry.
Our firm salutes Nicholas for playing an integral role in the planning of the program for this event.